BECOME A MEMBER OR RENEW MEMBERSHIP OF SINHALESE CULTURAL FORUM
Membership of Sinhalese Cultural Forum is open for any one who as an interest of Sinhalese Culture and Sinhala language.
How to renew my membership or becomes a member?
You can follow few simple steps below to renew membership or become a new member.
Step 1: Complete membership form
Click this link to download SCF Membership Application Form.
To renew or acquire membership, the completed form should be posted to the address given below. Or it can be emailed to the SCF Secretary to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include payment details in your message.
Step 2: Make payment
There are two way to make payment
a. Do a bank transfer. Bank details can be found in application form
b. Pay online securely through Paypal using your credit/debit card or using an existing Paypal account (Please indicate your name or member number with payment)
|Become a member or renew annual membership|
|Get life membership:|
|Make life membership $200.00, one off payment|
Step 3: Register for an online Members account
Please visit the “Members Login” & register for your Members online account. Members get exclusive features & contribution rights to the website.
(1) Life membership $200.00, one off payment
(2) Annual family membership $ 20.00 ( per year)
(3) Annual single membership $ 15.00 (per year)
(4) Annual student membership $ 10.00 (per year)
(5) Annual student-family membership $ 10.00 (per year)
(6) Annual Tharuna* membership (age 17-25 years) $10 (per year)
(7) Annual Tharuna* family membership(age 17-25 years) $20 (per year)
*Tharuna is the Youth Group of Sinhalese Cultural Forum
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- As soon as practicable after receiving an application for membership, the Treasurer issues a receipt which will entitle the applicant to all the membership benefits of the Forum except the attendance of meetings and voting rights in SCF affairs.
- The secretary shall refer the application to the committee at the next committee meeting to determine whether to approve or reject the application.
- Where the committee determines to approve an application for membership, the secretary shall enter the applicants name in the register of members and upon the name being entered, the applicant becomes a member of the Forum.
- The Secretaries shall then notify the applicant of that approval.
- In the event that the application for membership is rejected by the SCF executive committee the secretary shall inform the applicant as soon as possible, with copies to the proponent and seconder of the applicant, giving reason/s for the rejection of the application.
- All payments made to SCF with regards to lodgement of the application too shall be returned along with the reply letter.
The address to send the application by mail is
Sinhalese Cultural Forum
Full details of Membership of SCF are given in Part 2 of the SCF Constitution.